Welcome!

Resource community for parents & teachers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Welcome to My Classroom: Back to School Night

Back to School Night is such an exciting time!!!  You are meeting your classroom families for the very first time and sharing all the amazing things you have planned for the year.

I love to have my students help plan Back to School Night!  One idea that was a huge hit was when I had my students create a movie for their parents to watch which highlighted our day together.  The kids and parents ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!  I took video snapshots of the students throughout our school day.  For each section I selected students/ "News Reporters" to explain what, when, how and why we do what we do!

Here are some tools you can use to create your own 
CLASSROOM VIDEO!

STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS


Classroom Newspaper Written by Your Students
Great way to actively engage students in writing! 
Student Published Newspaper for Back to School Night

Lesson Planning Resource


Loredana McFadden, Back to School Night, printables, planning, ideas, technology, powerpoint, how to, imovie in the classroom, getting started, elementary, student centered, building a classroom community 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.